A lot of us are lucky if we get to take one vacation each year. They are expensive, take a lot of planning and are something we wish we could take on a regular basis. Although, what people don’t realize is that vacations don’t have to be expensive! If you do your research, planning ahead of time and look for ways to make a vacation cheap you can do just that! Continue reading below to find out how you can make your vacation even cheaper.
How to Afford a Cheap Vacation:
- First, find the days that flying and hotels are the cheapest. The cheapest is usually during the week so avoid weekends.
- Now, budget how much you want to spend for your whole vacation. Try to put this amount on your debit card and avoid using credit cards.
- Figure out if driving or flying would be cheaper once you take into count airline fees, cost of gas and what it would be to get a rental car.
- Compare the prices on a few different websites to make sure you get the best deal.
- Get a hotel in a location that isn’t the center of attention. For example, if you’re going to Florida to see the ocean don’t get one right on the ocean. They can sometimes be $100 more a night if it’s right on the ocean instead of one that is just down the road.
- Make sure you take advantage of hotels with free breakfast and do your grocery shopping before hand to avoid going out for each meal.
- Always look for brochures and coupons you can use. Hotels usually have coupons for restaurants and attractions near by.
- Try to only have cash on you so that you avoid unnecessary spending.
- Try to avoid souvenir shops as much as possible. You will find that the prices are outrageous sometimes.
- Lastly, avoid getting a rental car if you are going to be spending your time in a big city.
All of these tips will help you find a cheaper vacation. When we have a cheap vacation we don’t feel so guilty for going, we can do it more often and that is one less worry for our trip!